Thursday, April 5, 2007

LONDON! (day 2)

The next day, we decided to venture out without Frank. Mainly because he didn't want to visit all of the places he has already been to again. That was fine - we went to the British Museum where they have the Rosetta Stone and other wonders of the world. It was cool to see that stuff, but I've never been much of a museum person. They are all nice and good, but at the same time, they can be quite boring.

From there, we went to the London Tower. THAT was cool. We saw a lot of interesting stuff - and the crowned jewels. We even talked to "the King" and his servant? I don't know but Amy wanted for us to have our pictures taken with him. So we did - Adam photographed our conversations.

We could also see Tower Bridge from the London Tower - so, that's me and the Tower Bridge.
We went to Harrods where we met up with Frank. Pretty big store with a lot of over priced merchandise. Though they had relatively inexpensive sweets. I couldn't believe how expensive everything was there! IT WAS INSANE!
Then we had lunch...fish and chips again for me. Very good - and Amy and Maureen and Adam all had the Steak and Ale Pie. EVERYTHING was AMAZING! So good...I wish I was in London simply for the food!

And that's me in one of the infamous telephone booths trying to get in touch with Megan. Luckily I did and it was easy. Too bad our phones decided not to work...but at least I actually USED the phone.

No comments: