Monday, January 15, 2007

Santa Maria in Trastevere

Today we took a trip to Santa Maria in Trastevere. The Piazza was a lot quieter than the others we've been to so far. Accept for Villa Giulia which we had to pay to get in (already prepaid actually). I enjoyed our time there - the church was beautiful...I wish it hadn't been so dark inside because I would have liked if my indoor pictures had come out clearer. Even with a flash it was hard to see. Here are some of the good pictures.


As you can tell, the inside pictures were harder to take. But I wanted to show some of the really beautiful mosaics. I was really impressed. Even sat for a few minutes and made my three wishes!


Its fun to sit together and sketch. You get to bounce ideas off of one another and work together. I figured I'd document some of the concentration.
And then...

...there's Duffy.

And a very cute little girl feeding and chasing the pigeons!

The rest of the week will be spent in studio. Our first history class is Wednesday morning and our first presentation for studio is on Thursday. Then, we are luckily going to have a light work weekend followed by a trip to Southern Italy a few days later! YAY! I'm excited to see Naples, Palermo, Pompeii, and CEFALU (especially Cefalu)!

No comments: